The Oreo cookie test….
Do you have any Oreos in the cupboard? If not, go get some. Psychologists have discovered that the manner in which people eat Oreo cookies provides great insight into their personalities. Eat one before continuing.
Here is some further insight for your “So, tell me a bit about yourself” story.
1. Eat the whole thing - this means you consume life with abandon, you are fun to be with, exciting, carefree with some hint of recklessness. You are totally irresponsible. No one should trust you.
2. Eat one bite at a time - you are lucky to be one of the 5.4 billion other people who eat their Oreos this very same way. Just like them, you lack imagination, but that's OK, not to worry, you're normal.
3. Eat slowly and methodically - you follow the rules. You're very tidy and orderly. You're very meticulous in every detail with everything you do to the point of being anal retentive and irritating to others. Stay out of the fast lane if you're only going to go the speed limit.
4. Eat with feverish nibbles - your boss likes you because you get your work done quickly. You always have a million things to do and never enough time to do them. Mental breakdowns run in your family. Valium and Ritalin would do you good.
5. Dunk it - everyone likes you because you are always upbeat. You like to sugar coat unpleasant experiences and rationalize bad situations in to good ones. You are in total denial about the shambles you call a life. You have a propensity towards narcotic addiction.
6. Twist it apart, eat the inside, then the cookie - you have a highly curious nature. You take pleasure in breaking apart things to find out how they work, though not always able to put them back together, so you destroy all the evidence of your activities. You deny your involvement when things go wrong. You are a compulsive liar and exhibit deviant, if not criminal, behaviour.
7. Twisted it apart, eat the inside, then toss the cookie - you are good at business and take risks that pay off. You take what you want and throw the rest away. You are greedy, selfish, mean and lack feelings for others. But that's OK, you don't care, you got yours.
8. Eat just the cookie, not the inside - you enjoy pain.
9. Like to just lick them, not eat them - stay away from small furry animals and seek professional medical help - immediately.
10. ”I don't have a favourite way, I don't like Oreo cookies” - you probably come from a rich family and like to wear nice things and go to upscale restaurants. You are particular and fussy about the things you buy, own, and wear. Things have to be just right. You like to be pampered. You are a prima donna. There's just no pleasing you.
For other useful information and exercises, please visit www.tellmeabit.com